Sunday, February 22, 2009

God's Faithfulness!








I've been looking through some old pictures tonight trying to organize them ... finally, after 3 years! Seeing old pictures is exciting and very sad all at the same time! We changed Ryleigh's room to a "big girl" room in the fall of 2008 but I came across these nursery pictures and it floods my mind with lots of emotions. We began the room with the exciting news of being pregnant after a year of trying in September 2004 ... little did we know that a precious baby wouldn't lay in that room for another year and a half. The room started as a work for our first little girl, Kynlei. After we lost her I had thoughts of completely changing the room to make it new but quickly decided not to take away a thing ... but to go ahead and complete the room. I felt like me completing the room was showing faith that we would bring a precious baby home to their very special room one day ... and on March 24, 2006 we did just that! Two days after she was born we brought Ryleigh home and introduced her to her special room! As I mentioned earlier, in the fall of 08' we decided that Ryleigh needed to transition from her toddler bed (which I can't find a picture of right now) into a twin bed. I wanted to use my bed from when I was a child. It is an iron bed that is very antique. Changing her room was very difficult ... not just because I was having to realize that Ryleigh was getting bigger but also remembering when the nursery first began ... and all the memories ... excitement and then tragedy ... and then having faith to restore and continue forward to know that a baby would be home in their room in God's timing! As I ripped back the first row of Vintage Winnie the Pooh border I couldn't help to have tears in my eyes! It's funny how something as simple as remodeling a nursery can be so full of God's faithfulness! We serve an amazing God who restores us all if we allow him! So with the striping away of the old ... we painted the room all over again, bought new bedding, new decor and painted that antique iron bed to once again make a special place for our little growing girl.

1 comment:

  1. Robbye thanks so much for your transparency in sharing your feelings and emotions. I am in tears just reading these posts. I can't imagine all you have felt and been through, but our God does. I am listening to Martha Munizzi singing I know the plans I have for you.....God is faithful, and what a testament you are to that!

    ReplyDelete